The DE502 replaces the well established DE500. The full titanium diaphragm used in the DE502 has been updated with new geometry to significantly lower distortion, while improving the stability and reliability of the driver. Most other specifications and the sonic signature are quite similar to the DE500.
- Neodymium high frequency driver
- Diaphragm is completely redesigned to incorporate a bent edge voice coil former
- New dome and surround geometry and an optimized phase plug
- Better control diaphragm displacement and deformations
- Resulting in lower distortion and a smoother higher frequency response above 10kHz