Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide, creates innovative projection technologies for business, education, rental and staging, and the home. Incorporating industry-leading 3LCD technology, Epson offers installation, interactive and portable projectors designed to deliver quality, reliability and cost-effective performance.
To learn more, please visit: www.epson.com
New 13-Inch Epson Stylus Photo R2000 Creates Gallery-Quality Prints Using Award-Winning Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 Ink
Posted on Monday, May 2, 2011
LONG BEACH, Calif. – May 2, 2011 – Epson America today introduced the latest 13-inch printer to join its award-winning line of products, the Epson Stylus® Photo R2000. Taking advantage of Epson’s next-generation pigment printing technology, this printer produces vivid, archival prints with an unmatched glossy look and feel that’s optimized for serious photography and other high-level creative applications.
The Epson Stylus Photo R2000 provides several features and qualities that are typically found in professional-level printers, such as pigment-based inks, flexible media handling, and significantly larger capacity cartridges that deliver up to 50 percent more printsI. The printer’s connectivity options are unparalleled for its class, making it easy to print from a home office or studio via Ethernet®, Wireless-N and USB 2.0II. Its media flexibility is also unsurpassed, giving users the ability to print on a full range of papers, including cut sheet and roll paper, photographic and fine art media, canvas, art boards, and CD/DVDs.
The R2000 uses Epson’s innovative MicroPiezo® print head with AMC™ and Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss® 2 Ink to create images with vibrant color on a broad range of paper types. The printer’s unique eight-color ink set takes advantage of Epson’s exclusive high-gloss encapsulated pigments including an enhanced gloss optimizer that creates photos with a uniformly smooth finish and feel. Image quality is further enhanced by AccuPhoto™ HG screening technology that ensures outstanding image quality even when printing in higher speed modes.
“The Epson Stylus Photo R2000 is an incredible tool for serious photographers, creative professionals and hobbyists who want to step up to superior quality printing,” said Richard Day, senior product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America. “Whether you’re printing a series for gallery display, producing a comp to present to a client, or making a 12x12-inch scrapbook page, this printer has the capability and versatility to deliver outstanding results that will impress the most demanding of critics.”
Following are additional details about the Epson Stylus Photo R2000’s technologies and benefits:
- Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 Ink: Award-winning, eight-color pigment ink set, for gallery-quality archival prints that are water, smudge and fade-resistant. Red and Orange inks provide bold colors and smooth, natural skin tones; additional advancements also offer vibrant greens and intense blues. An enhanced gloss optimizer delivers a uniform gloss finish, and auto-selecting Photo and Matte Black inks deliver deep blacks on matte, fine art or glossy media.
- AccuPhoto HG Image Technology: Created in collaboration with the Rochester Institute of Technology’s Munsell Color Science Laboratory, this complex mathematical architecture and advanced screening technology ensures precise placement of each ink droplet to produce smooth, grain-free images. This technology helps to maximize color gamut, smooth transitions and gradations, and achieve consistent color under different lighting conditions. The R2000’s new Automatic Ink Density Optimization feature also contributes to delivering prints with consistent pigment density and superior color accuracy.
- MicroPiezo AMC Print Head: Theeight-channel, high-precision print head produces a maximum resolution of 5670 x 1440 optimized dpi and variable-sized droplets as small as 1.5 picoliters. For decreased maintenance and increased reliability, the print head also incorporates an ink-repellent coating.
- Individual Larger-Capacity Ink Cartridges: The Epson Stylus Photo R2000 delivers up to 50 percent more prints than the previous model for increased productivity and less frequent changing of cartridgesI.
- Auto-Selecting Black Inks: The Epson Stylus Photo R2000 automatically selects Photo or Matte black ink to produce the deepest blacks and richest color on glossy, matte or fine art media.
- Unparalleled Connectivity: Built-in 100 Mbit Ethernet for wired networking, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ 802.11n wireless technology and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 provide multiple options for fast connectivity anywhere in a home or studioII.
- Flexible Media Handling: A main top-loading, high-capacity auto-sheet feeder supports photographic and matte papers. A rear, single-sheet, fine art paper path handles heavier fine art and specialty media. Included roll paper support allows for panoramas up to 44-inches long, even on canvas, and a front, straight-through path handles media up to 1.3 mm thick, and direct CD/DVD printing.
You must be logged in to add more than four items to your comparison list.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and
event notifications from your favorite AV
manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Blue Valley Baptist Church is pleased to have an ongoing relationship with Advanced Sound and Communications. We have engaged in projects with them ranging from simple equipment rentals for special events to large-scale design and installations on two of our campuses. Their strengths are many, but near the top of the list is an ability to think creatively to address not only current needs, but also the long-term functionality of the system in your venue for years to come. Our experiences with them in regard to customer service have all been favorable from telephone reception to installers to follow up. They have our confidence and trust.
John Hollan, Blue Valley Baptist Church
ASC is one of the best integrators we have worked with at Builders For Christ. The installation was very clean. Great attention was paid to the smallest detail. It's rare for an integrator to take such ownership of a project.
Chuck Walthall, Walthall & Associates
The City of Grandview has been a customer of Advance Sound for some 23 years at our Municipal Servers Building, and for the last 15 years at our community center.
Advanced Sound & Communication worked closely with us to get us the best system for our money. Brent continues to be great to work with and is our go to guy for anything audio or video.
Kraig Briggs, City of Grandview
We are very happy with our new system. It works just like you said it would. Your team was very courteous and helpful. The training was excellent. We feel confident we will be able to use our system without any problems. Blessings!
Carol Ann Petersen, Sophia Spirituality Center
We trust Brent Handy and Advanced Sound & Communication. He is the only one we call.