PRO AV CATALOG
Legrand, the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures, is today publishing its 4 th CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) roadmap, which sets out its CSR priorities for the 2019-2021 period. Following on from three highly successful previous roadmaps, today’s new step embodies the Group’s determination to support the development of buildings with a view to progress for its employees, for society and for the planet. This impetus is reflected both in the roadmap’s structure and timespan, and in its priority challenges.
Organised around 3 focal areas – Business Ecosystem, People, and Environment – and over a 3-year period for greater agility, Legrand’s new 2019-2021 CSR roadmap aims to provide a better response to the priority challenges expressed by its stakeholders in the latest materiality survey. It also actively contributes to enabling attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) adopted by the UN for a better and more sustainable future for all.
Looking ahead to 2021, Legrand is making commitments to 10 challenges translated into 18 priorities, whose progress will be measured annually by a set of 22 indicators. For example, the Group thus intends:
- to train 3,000 employees each year in business ethics;
- to contribute to improving the situation of 100% of suppliers identified as at-risks in CSR terms;
- to ensure fair treatment of its employees (in terms of human rights, training, social security coverage, diversity, and workplace health and safety);
- to contribute to the development of the communities where Legrand operates, especially through a carefully targeted sponsorship strategy, in at least 75% of the Group’s countries;
- to enable recovery of 90% of its waste;
- to apply the principles of the circular economy to all its R&D centres.
In addition, Legrand has set longer-term ambitions by 2030. The Group targets generating 80% of its sales with sustainable products, having one third of key positions occupied by women, and achieving a 30% reduction in the greenhouse gas emissions directly related to the Group’s activity. 2 Commenting on the new roadmap, Jessica Duverneix, VP Corporate Social Responsibility, added: “This 4th roadmap is a cornerstone of Legrand’s sustainability approach and will play its full part in contributing to the Group’s integrated performance.”
Find out all about Legrand’s CSR strategy at https://www.legrand.com/en/en/our-responsibility/csr-home and in the CSR press kit.